STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
- Immunization Requirements
- Entering students are required to present proof of the following immunizations to San Diego State University by the schedule adjustment deadline which is the 10th day of classes in their first semester (add/drop deadline).
- Required immunizations and screening:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR): Two (2) doses with first dose on or after 1st birthday; OR positive titer (laboratory evidence of immunity to disease).
- Varicella (Chickenpox): Two (2) doses with first dose on or after 1st birthday; OR positive titer. History of contracting the disease does not meet compliance.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap): One (1) dose after age 7.
- Meningococcal conjugate (Serogroups A, C, Y, & W‐135): at least one dose at age 16 or beyond for students up to age 23.
- Meningococcal B (Meningitis B): Students age 16 – 23. Complete series, may be 2 or 3 doses.
- Hepatitis B (Hep B): Students age 18 and younger should complete series. Based on type of vaccine the series is either 2 or 3 doses (CA Health & Safety Code, Sec. 120390.5).
- Screening/Risk Assessment: Tuberculosis (TB): All incoming students must complete a Tuberculosis risk questionnaire.
The questionnaire will be available May 1, 2019.
Incoming students who are at higher risk for TB infection as determined by the screening questions, should undergo testing for TB infection within 1 year of SDSU entry
- The above are not admission requirements, but are required of students as conditions of enrollment at San Diego State University.
- Additionally, the following immunizations are strongly recommended:
- Hepatitis A (Hep A): All students regardless of age.
- Hepatitis B (Hep B): Students age 19 and older.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV): For women and men through age 45.
- Influenza (Flu): Annually; All students regardless of age.
- Pneumococcal: For all students ≥ age 65 and for students with certain medical conditions (e.g., severe asthma, diabetes, chronic liver or kidney disease).
- Poliovirus (Polio): Regardless of age, if the series was not completed as a child.
- Students may fulfill immunization requirements by submitting medical documentation as proof of immunization online through the secure HealtheConnect at https://healtheconnect.sdsu.edu beginning May 1, 2019. Positive laboratory evidence of immunity may also be used to prove immunization status. For more information call 619-594-4325.
- Health Promotion
- Medical Records